Tips on planning a great Scottish golf holiday
before you leave...
- It is always advisable to book your trip well in advance to ensure a successful and enjoyable time. It is quite normal for visiting golfers to arrange bookings 12 months in advance.
- The main golf season starts from April to October however golf can be played all year round, depending on weather and course conditions.
- Always plan ahead and book golf tee times before finalising your accommodation or transport reservations.
- You will find a mileage grid on our ‘How to get here’ page which tells you how far each course is from each other and relative distance from Aberdeen city.
- Weekends are more difficult to secure tee reservations due to club competitions however during weekdays these are generally more accessible.
- When seeking suitable tee times allow for realistic player numbers.
- When hiring transport for your trip it is worth ensuring the vehicle you hire can accommodate all luggage, including golf clubs. We can arrange suitable hire vehicles on your behalf at competitive day rates.
- For groups of 8 and more we can arrange for a chauffeur driven coach who will help coordinate your trip taking the strain of driving away thus ensuring comfort and relaxation during your stay.
- Course caddies are available at selected courses, please enquire prior to booking your trip.
- Scottish summers are generally mild and pleasant with long evenings allowing golf to be played to around 22:00 hours in the height of the season. It is however advisable to bring wet gear and also pack a few sweaters for the evenings.
- Make sure your travel insurance is valid or ensure to take out travel insurance if you are not yet covered.
- Scottish Golf Trails will be happy to advise on any of the above or provide any further information you feel you might need.
PLANNING YOUR TRAIL
- How many golfers in the party (non golfers may also be travelling)?
- How long can we stay i.e. nights/days?
- How many rounds of golf do we want to play?
- Do we want to play on the day of arrival & departure, flight time permitting?
- Do we have any specific requirements such as electric carts (buggies), caddies, club hire etc?
- Do we want to stay in one central location or are we willing to move around based on the courses we want to play?
- Do we require self drive transport or the hire of a chauffeur driven coach?
If you are unsure as to whether the itinerary you have chosen is viable or for any other help with planning your Trail please contact us at Scottish Golf Trails.
Good planning will always provide the best results.